My statement of teaching and learning philosophy can be downloaded here.
Courses that I have developed and taught (often multiple times) are below. My course materials are open education resources. If you would like access to archives or course outlines, just let me know.
- Advanced Issues in Geographic Information Science (GEOB 370 UBC Vancouver)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (GEOG 319 – UBC Vancouver)
- Human Geography: Space, Place and Community (GEOG 128 – Okanagan College)
- Human Geography: Resources, Development and Society (GEOG 129 – Okanagan College)
- Food and Society (GEOG 201 – Okanagan College)
- Introduction to Environmental Issues (GEOG 210 – Okanagan College)
- Regional Geography of British Columbia (GEOG 217 – Okanagan College)
- The Canadian Landscape (GEOG 224 – Okanagan College)
- Geographic Data Analysis (Spatial Statistics) (GEOG 270 – Okanagan College)
- Introduction to Cartography, GIS and Remote Sensing (GEOG 272 – Okanagan College)
- Environment and Resources (GEOG 310 – UBC-Okanagan)
- Geography of Conflict (GEOG 515 – McGill University)
- Environmental and Resource-Based Conflict Management (HUMS 653 – RRU)
- Environmental Science (EESC 101 – Okanagan College)
I am an educator and learner, so naturally many of the posts on this website address teaching and learning – often open education issues. Here is sample of topics and tools that I address on this website:
- What is Open Pedagogy?
- Open Pedagogy Workshop for Open Access Week 2016
- Teaching in the Open: Open Pedagogy and Responsible Pedagogy